Friday, January 30, 2009

John Hendershot: 1708 Gallery Graduate Artist Forum Nominee

"I’m interested in the relationship between memory, experience, and the individual perspective. By recalling remembered events from my life I communicate to the viewer my interpretation of those events through the use of abstracted visual and aural imagery. The events range from the everyday mundane, to the profoundly traumatic. My motivation is to begin a dialogue between myself and the viewer over how we communicate in memory, how we remember past events, and the importance this has to our own individual histories."
-John Hendershot
email: john@jhendershot.com




Images above are stills from John Hendershot's videos. He is an MFA candidate at VCU Photo and was nominated to be a part of 1708 Gallery's Fourth Annual Graduate Artist Forum.

No comments: