- Exhibition Proposal - Be specific about what work you wish to show at 1708 Gallery (no longer than one page). See 1708gallery.org for a gallery floor plan.
- Images of your work: The show should be no more than 3 years old and indicative of what you wish to exhibit at 1708 Gallery. Digital Images: Send 10 to 20 images in jpeg format only (no larger than 1024 pixels in any direction at 300 dpi). All image files are to be numbered to correspond to image list and include artist’s last name (ex. 01SmithXXX.jpg). Label the CD with your name. Video/DVD: Send 5 to 7 clips lasting no more than 3-4 minutes each. (Digital media in mpeg format only). In addition to the clips, you may send one complete work if longer than the 3-4 minute limit. Label the video/DVD with your name. (Please also include one digital image in jpeg format on a CD.)
- Image List - a numerical listing including artist's and/or curator's name, title, date, dimensions, medium.
- Resume and bio
- Artist or Curatorial Statement
- Special Needs- If necessary, an explanation of any special installation, equipment, and/or funding requirements with exact amounts listed.
- Contact Information - Name, address, phone number(s) and email address of the artist(s) and/or curator(s) involved in the proposal.
- S.A.S.E. For return of materials. (If not included, materials will not be returned).
- $20 entry fee - paid by check made out to 1708 Gallery or call the gallery to pay by credit card.
Only complete proposal packages will be considered. Please label all materials with the artist's/curator's names. Review process may take up to 6 months.
1708 Gallery is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to exhibitions, arts and education programs.
For more information, please contact: Tatjana Beylotte at email@example.com or 804/643-1708.